Programmes for 2018
In line with the mission of the Centre, we wish to carry out the following activities in 2018:Theme for the year: "A Decade of Promoting Interfaith Understanding & Engagement in the Ghanaian Pluralistic Context”
The theme is meant to achieve the following objectives:
· Strengthen the capacity of Christians and Muslims in interfaith understanding and constructive engagement with people of other faiths.
· Promote cooperation and collaboration of Christians and people of other faiths to attend to issues of religious diversity and bearing faithful witness.
· To enhance the capacity of Christians and people of other faiths for effective engagement in conflict management and peace building.
· To engage Christian leaders and youth on issues of religious fanaticism, terrorism, etc and its attendant challenges.
· To train Christian and Muslim youths on how interfaith engagement for peace and peaceful coexistence is important for the youth who are the future.Programme framework
1. Quarterly Training Programmes on Christian, Muslim & Traditional Perspectives on the theme: February 17, April 21 and August 25, 2018.
2. National Conference on Christian Mission & Religious Pluralism on March 21 – 23, 2018 at Presbyterian Women’s Centre, Abokobi.
3. Seminars for International Interfaith Women’s Network for Peace & Development (IIWNPD) - April & September 2018 to be held at Accra, Kumasi and Takoradi.
4. Faith to Action Women’s Conference (FAWC) 2018: May 8 - 11, 2018. The Conference would be held at Brong Ahafo Presbytery Guest House, Sunyani and participants would be drawn from different countries, faiths and denominations.
5. Interfaith Seminars for Regions / Presbyteries: May – November, 2017. Ga, Ga West, Central, Western, West Akyem, West Brong, Northern & Upper Presbyteries to be covered over the period.
6. 10th Annual Interfaith Symposium on October 17, 2018 at Osu Eben-ezer Presbyterian Church Hall.